Monday, June 9, 2008
"It's not a mistake...
'til someone gets killed."

I really can't say why I did it.

The best way I can explain it... is like having an itch on your nose while baking. Your hands are covered in flour and you know that once your scratch that itch, there will be flour on your nose. So you try to control yourself - try not to scratch it - but the urge, the itch, it's too strong, you know? And you give in, covering your nose with flour.

That's how I've been feeling. I've had this itch to get high. A sudden, repulsive urging itch that was just begging to be scratched. And last night... I gave in.

I went to a before-your-last-exams party and took more prescription pills than anyone should ever even be prescribed. Connor says I took 5 Xanex and 3 Adderall. I'm sure he's right, but the thing is - that was just at the party. I don't even remember being in a car that entire night, until we left the party, so I had to have been completely stoned on the way there.

It wouldn't have been a biggie, except on the way home, I got a ride with Anthony's friend, James. James just so happens to not have his license, and he was packing daddy's brand new Lexus. He was going 75 in our neighborhood and just so happened to slam full force into a tree. I was in the back with Bailey, but Anthony was in the front. He didn't get crazy hurt, but he did sprain his ankle.

Bailey, Anthony, and I booked out of the car. Caught ridin' with a kid who doesn't have his license and who also mistook a tree for who the hell knows what isn't exactly sparkling on your record. So we bailed.

We ended up at Anthony's house, and I woke up the next morning with my only memory being the accident an Anthony running from the car on one leg.

I might've wiped the flour off with a cold towel, but I keep thinking what if Anthony would've gotten really hurt? Or James had hit someone instead of just a tree? I think that's gonna be my last big take, I've gotta call it quits before someone does get hurt, or even killed. You know what they say if you keep pushing your limits... right?

I don't want that to happen.
I can't let that happen...

D

Labels: , ,

posted by Desireé at 3:22 AM |

1 Comments:

At June 15, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Blogger Dramatic Bullshit Queen said........
As a recovering addict I'm supposed to say something along the lines of get clean or that was bad, right? But, let's get real. I may be clean and sober but I will never retire from being a drama queen and a very bad girl. So, all I can tell you is I used to have fun with aderall. Just stay away from the hard stuff.