Monday, September 1, 2008
"it's funny how things change...

in the blink of an eye, everything's different..."


I can't even begin to explain what has been going on for the last four months, but as usual, I'll try to get the main point across.

Let's first and foremost get one thing straight: I lied when I insinuated I was a senior. I felt that having the knowledge I was merely a sophmore would give you the wrong idea, though apart from that, every word I typed was true. Every. Single. Word.

I am, though in fact, a compulsive liar and do make up more things than are true, but here in the world of divulgAnce, I have decided (aside from the age conspiracy) I will be completely honest.

And in all honesty, I am going to make an attempt at describing the epic adventures of my life -- even if it takes two posts.

After my superstitons post, things were rather quiet for a while. Anthony was in another state. Ryan had seemingly fallen off the face of the Earth. Bailey found a new... dissappointing boyfriend named Aiden, leaving Serena and I in the cold.

But as the beginning of August soon approached and Junior year was looking closer and closer by each day, we had to have one final blow out. Our town has a huge festival to kick off the beginnng of "Back-to-School" month, and Serena and I decided to go against our better judgement and be in attendance. Bailey went too, but of course, she was with Aiden and his/her new friends.

While we were divulging in the glories of cotton candy and funnel cakes, I received a call from none other than the magnificent dissappearing Ryan. I will not lie when I say my heart stopped, seeing his name appear on my caller-ID. In a way, part of me felt sick. It was loud at the festival, and whatever he said, I couldn't hear him. I shouted for him to call me back, and talk to me when I could hear him -- but of course I don't know his response. I haven't heard much out of him since.

On the walk home, we ran into an old Jr. High friend whose name is pointless. The only thing you need to know is she dated Anthony's friend, Chris, and had built a somewhat sturdy relationship with Anthony himself. She was quick to inform us that he was coming back. Back to bording school. Back to... everything.

That was the second time I felt sick that day.

Sometime before school started again, Serena and I were driving back from the city when I got a rather informal text reading, "Are you havin' 'ya girls over tonight?"

Now, a few days prior I had lost my cell phone and gotten a new one, but in the process all of my numbers were deleted, including his. I will honestly say I do not, to this day, have his number memorized, but I do know the first three digits. And upon seeing those three digits, I launched for Serena's phone and looked up his number. Sure enough, jackass was back in town and instead of a proper greeting, he was already asking for much more than he deserved.

I turned him down, though while ignoring his advances, still making my own attempt to be his friend. I fucking can't help myself and it makes me sick.

Today we moved into the co-ed dorms. Guess who's ironically two doors down? Anthony. The asshole himself. And on top of that, I miss Jack, even though I know I need him like I need another hole in the heart. When did my life go from finally serene to whorey and schooled all in one week?

I want to die.

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Desireé at 12:33 PM |

0 Comments: